expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 14 May 2012

I’ve only gone and done it… I bought a She Pee!


As per my last post Are we eating enough on our training rides? to stay hydrated I need to drink 1 bottle water and 1 bottle sports drink per hour, at least! 

Luckily around Vancouver there are a lot of public toilets, but I'm sure once out on the open road, they won't be so prevalent. 

I know us ladies have become experts at the crouching tiger, not so hidden dragon - but it's never the easiest thing to do - trying not to bear all, especially wearing padded cycling shorts. It also puts quite a strain on my knees (which I really need to take care of).

Looking for an alternative, trailing around lots of cycle forums - it seems a She Pee (or Shewee as they’re called here) is the best option for cycle touring - or any real outdoor pursuits for that matter.


A Shewee is an ergonomically designed funnel that provides women with a simple, private and hygienic method of urinating without removing clothes while standing up. Plus they come in five colours – I bought pink.

At Glastonbury festival, I had a go using the Water Aid cardboard ones - actually probably one of the funniest festival moments ever, all these girls huddled around troughs, giggling peeing like men - but I did find it actually really easy, and a lot more hygienic than using the smelly port-a-loos.

I’m sure that this little device will soon become my best friend when cycle touring the Pacific Coast, that my padded shorts and anti-chafe cream.

Next on my list… the Mooncup (I'm not sure if I'm that brave).


We will be cycling the Pacific Coast Highway from Vancouver to Tijuana over six weeks starting in August 2012 to raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. Please show your support by sponsoring us here, leaving a comment and sharing our blog.

2 comments: